< ImmKATIE
I'm Katie
It's so lovely to meet you.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Back to School
Hello there!

This blog is going to just be my ramblings about my grade 12 year...
And then eventually I'll use it to update people about my European travels!

I am hoping to go to Britain for a year once school is done. That way I can travel and work, should be fun!

I'm pretty nervous about going on my own, but I'm going to force myself into it because I know if I don't I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

I can't wait to get out of this small town! There are so many things I want to experience.

Not so much to say about school yet...
It's only just started.
Things were a bit hectic at first because of the renovations that they are doing. We also just happened to have a heat wave for the first week of school and there is no air conditioning because of the construction. So hot! At least things have settled down now. It actually rained for a bit today!

I've been talking to the career counselor at my school and asked him about history courses, especially ones around genocide studies/genealogy. I am going to have to visit him again (maybe tomorrow?) and see what he has found.

I also mentioned that I was going to go to Britain for a year through swap. He said it was one of the better programs. I asked him when I should think about applying and he said it would be safe to apply in January just so I can make sure all my papers (passport, visa...) are ready so I don't have to be rushed. He also said that he can help me with applying closer to the date. That made me feel good. I can't wait to apply! It will make everything seem so final and real. Up until them I'm sure I'll feel like I'm dreaming.

I came home and talked to Mum about getting me a passport, as I don't have one. She said that she already had the application, so we filled that out today. I will need to travel to a city close to us to get my passport photo done because the waiting time for one in town is 3 weeks.

I have to start back to the Co-Op tomorrow...Not looking forward to that. When I told them they could put me back on the schedule I asked them to give me a call.

They didn't.

I did get a call yesterday at about 4:30 actually, but that call was telling me I was supposed to be working. I told them that if they had actually called me to tell me I was back on the schedule that I could have changed my plans and been able to come into work...However, I was busy that day and couldn't make it. Gosh. That made me SOOOOO much more excited about going to back to work.

I've been considering looking around for another job. Maybe waitressing? I'm sure it would make more money and I really need to start saving a lot more for when I go away. I want to be able to travel and not just be stuck working the whole time.

Anyway...
That pretty much has you up to date about my Grade 12 life so far!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment